Holland Park Family Home
Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, W11
This property is a detached Grade II Listed villa, laid out over 5 floors, in the Royal Brough of Kensington and Chelsea and is one of a series of Italianate villas located to the north of the green spaces of Holland Park and to the south of Holland Park Avenue which lies within the Holland Park Conservation Area. Unauthorised internal modifications had been undertaken in the past, introducing some modern interiors and architectural elements to the traditional fabric of the building.
The proposal consisted of regularising these unauthorised changes that had taken place in the past, including:
· Removal of all recessed lights from principal floor levels and circulation spaces
· Removal of air-conditioning vents from principal floor levels – replaced with a more appropriate grille in casing
· Double-glazing replaced with single-glazing with slimline glazing beads
· Double door openings were replaced with single door openings at Lower Ground Floor level
· Historical features – cornices, architraves, mouldings
Haines Phillips Architects advised the client on the required measures to regularise the previous changes and obtained Planning and Listed Building consent from Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea to carry out these works.
The works were completed in early 2014.
Construction Cost: Approximately £250kSave this page as a PDF